Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mamma Mia Soundtrack

I got the Mamma Mia! soundtrack CD today. I don't usually buy soundtracks, maybe especially, not that there are so many cases of this, where the movie stars sing the songs.

But this time I really loved the film and thought the songs were great. Still, I'm thinking, it's almost 15 bucks. But I took the plunge anyway. I'm glad I did.

The songs not only recall the film, and that's happy, but they're really good, nice sounding. They sound better on the CD, maybe because there isn't all the other sound effects and things from the movie. The vocals are nice and punchy, very well done. And the instruments of course are crystal clear and lively, great.

My only complaint is that in "Honey, Honey" they have Amanda Seyfried laughing some of the lyrics, as in the film. I would have preferred to have a straight version without those laughs. One other note, which isn't really a complaint, is that they left off "Waterloo," but it was a kind of bonus in the film and wasn't part of the film proper.