Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How My Move Is Going

I was busy virtually all day today preparing for my move next week. I have a house full of stuff, so I'm busy packing it and getting it to the ground floor in an orderly way.

That means that lots of heavy boxes and totes need to be lifted one after the other and put in place. It's a terrible job, but I'm getting it done. I still have a lot to go ... but I put a serious dent in it today. I completely emptied the basement of my possessions. Now I have the upstairs to go, and I made some great strides at that.

It's a lot more work to move than you think it would be. The key thing is not to accumulate so many possessions. Unfortunately I learned that lesson a little bit late. Now I need to spend the next several years downsizing, so that any future move will be more handy for me.