Sunday, May 2, 2010

People Walking Big Dogs Downtown

I was downtown and saw some people walking their big dogs.

It seems like people who walk their big dogs downtown always do so with the same apparent confidence level, very high. They're strutting their stuff and their dogs.

They might have a dozen different dogs. And it's always the same. They might have a dozen, but of course they never do. It's two or three at the most. But I can well imagine that if they had a dozen they'd walk with the same confidence (and obliviousness) that they do with two.

As for me, I don't know. I'd be nervous my dog would be going messy all over the place. Then I'd have a patio table full of people getting grossed out and pointing at me. So I keep my dog away from downtown. It's never been a temptation for me to take my dog downtown.