Monday, July 7, 2008

Roxette - Look Sharp

I need to say something about this CD, since I almost have it played out.

First, it's a great one. I'm about 20 years behind everyone else, I know. But I am not always paying attention to what's going on musically.

So it is with this one. In 1988 I was busy with something else, getting CDs, but missing plenty of others. And I definitely wasn't listening to the radio very much.

I got this one used a couple weeks ago. Adding it to the pile of other CDs I get used. This was one I decided to give a chance. And I'm glad I did.

This is one fantastic CD! It has 13 songs and I love every song. Some of the songs were already 'familiar,' in that sense of 'you heard them at the grocery store at some point over the last 20 years.' Such as "Dangerous." And "Listen To Your Heart" was remade a couple years ago and was on the radio. "Dressed For Success" is another that had that grocery store familiarity. But for the most part, these are songs that were new to me. They're great.

"The Look" gets it started off. This is an exciting song, followed by 12 other very good tracks. Some of the ones that didn't sink in at first -- like always -- turn out to be good favorites, like "Paint" and "Cry."

I've listened to the whole thing maybe 25 times, and I think I've about heard it all. It's probably about time to put it away, or listen less frequently. But if you don't have it, let me recommend you get a copy. It's definitely a lovable album!