Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Great Look

I suppose I'm not the first guy who's taken a look at these gals and said, "Wow! That's a great look!" I know I shouldn't have a roving eye, what, with the little lady I'm married to, and our anniversary coming up and all. But you know how it is, you get "the itch." You're on the computer, checking out some of the more unmentionable sites, and you think, "I really could do better."

But how much better could a guy do? I'm probably speaking for a million guys right now, I know it. Because when I look at a photo like this, I say, "That's it!" It's this complete feeling, the realization that I've come to the end of my long journey. Knowing that beauty, endless beauty is in view, overwhelming me. It washes over me in big waves, it's like sensory overload. Stand back, please, give me room...

What a look! The look of grim self-sufficiency on the faces tells you these gals are independent, and know how to take care of business. The buttoned-up plain shirts let you know you're not going to be visiting very many expensive boutiques, just a fabric store once every couple years. Maybe bid on a gunny sack on eBay every six months, nothing major. That hair riding high shows a real strength of character; no one's going to mess around with these chicks! You know, you're in the mood, you go to run your fingers through it, all sexy like, ummm, and you immediately hit a dead end imposed through years of hairspray.

If anyone ever sees their profiles at match.com, please let me know! Until then, I'll just have to dream!