Monday, June 9, 2008

Worst Person? How About Best Person?

I thought Keith Olbermann's "Worst Person in the World" was a headscratcher tonight. Neil Cavuto of Fox, the worst person, because he thinks it would be good for John McCain to explode and show us a real honest-to-God temper tantrum.

How does that make him worst? I think that should make him best. Because I can't think of anything I'd love to see more than exactly that, John McCain uncorked, John McCain unplugged, John McCain melting down. Except, in all truthfulness, I don't want it to come in time for the Republicans to substitute another candidate in his place. Maybe just a few eruptions of a milder sort, then some positive strokes to him for those, then when it's too late let him go totally ballistic, the China syndrome of tempers.

We need to keep John McCain in the public eye as much as possible. Of course his handlers want to keep him in the green room, backstage somewhere, put him out there for events and get him off stage before he goes red, steam out the ears, teeth asnarl, and losing it. I want him to lose it, to lose it good, to lose it big, simply to explode in such a way that he ends up a smoldering ruin.

I hate Fox News, but today's best person in the world is Neil Cavuto!