Friday, June 12, 2009

Paisleys - Cosmic Mind At Play

This LP, "Cosmic Mind At Play" by The Paisleys, I used to have. I got it one time at Goodwill in the early '80s, the original rare one, not a reissue. I made a cassette tape of it and sold the LP. I didn't know at the time that there'd be any demand for it, since I'd never heard of them, but I had several people who wanted it, and as I recall it sold for a fairly good price. Not as good as it could've sold for, since I didn't know anything about it or how much they'd want it.

I still have the cassette and have heard it a few times over the years. When I recorded it I accidentally recorded side 2 first, so that's the order I know the album by.

I've been messing around with an MP3 recorder that I've had since September of last year. But it suddenly occurred to me that I could plug it into a cassette player and record some of these cassettes off. Actual rare things, like family recordings, etc., and have a more secure copy on the hard drive or DVD and be able to make copies of things like that.

But then I was thinking, What about that old Paisleys' LP? So I did that tonight. And there it is on my computer, with all the terrible cracks and pops that go with some LPs, like this one was obviously in the VG condition range.

Then in checking around to get the titles and things, I noticed you can get this on CD for a little bit of nothing. (I saw that a few years ago but didn't do anything about it.) So I ordered it right away ... tonight. And look forward to it getting here. I could listen to this poppy LP recording, but the CD comes with some bonus tracks and it'll be nice to hear the album without a lot of noise.