Thursday, July 16, 2009

Herman's Hermits - 2

No comments on particular tracks tonight.

I've been listening to some just as background noise, albeit in my headphones, which puts it right there. But I can also do other things and essentially space it out ... except of course it's sinking in and the more familiar I get with the various tracks the more I'm likely to like them.

I've been thinking about rearranging the tracks by U.S. albums and was looking at some discography information toward that end. But then in looking at the fine print of where the songs were when originally put out on record, any albums are the U.K. albums, I believe in order. But over they they did a lot more with E.P.s and singles, so there's stretches where it's an EP or the single A & B, and I guess if it was an album track, the album order prevails. I haven't got it entirely figured out. Plus the print is pretty small!

I definitely do prefer albums in their entirety to compilation albums, for some artists anyway. Some I prefer the Greatest Hits ... like Garth Brooks, let's say, but not for most.

But like I said, I was listening to the tracks without paying a lot of attention to them -- like I like this or I don't like this -- and doing that everything sounds very pleasant. I love Peter Noone's voice, but I guess it might start to wear on a guy if you listened to all 121 songs in a row.