Monday, July 27, 2009

Lost My Car Keys

How terrible to look where your car keys normally are and to see they're missing. That happened to me tonight.

I'm not going to go through the whole story. It's the classic story of losing something and then wracking your brain to think of where it could be.

It drives me crazy. It's those times you wish everything had a ring tone to it so you could call it. At least when you lose your cellphone it's not that big a problem to find it. Unless it's on a truck heading for Utah or something.

As it turned out after around 40 minutes of feverish looking, including looking in the same place a half dozen times, and even looking in places where they couldn't possibly be, I located them. It seems when I got out of the car I brought in the rake, the shovel, a few other things along those lines. And I dropped them when I was setting some of this stuff down.

I kept thinking that I'd dropped something somewhere but I couldn't remember where, and I didn't know what. But it was preying on me ... then when I got near the rake, the shovel, and the other stuff, it occurred to me that if the keys aren't down here among this stuff, they're nowhere.

And there they were.