Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Spirit of '67

I got this CD in the mail today, Paul Revere & the Raiders, The Spirit of '67.

I've had the record for a long time, but the copy I have is in rough condition. Still I've been able once in a while to put the needle on and hear some of it.

But it's nice to have it in a cleaner form!

I haven't actually listened to the CD in the CD player, which will sound better, just the MP3s on my tiny computer speakers. So I haven't got to the good stuff yet.

It's always been a fine, fine record. I love all the group songs, the album tracks, as well as the big hits on it. "Louise" has always been my favorite track, but the others are great too.

I checked out Mark Lindsay's website today, which is marklindsay.com I believe. There's not much there but he has links to his Facebook, Twitter, My Space, and something else page. Also I saw the note there that Drake Levin, a Raider from some point, not on this particular record, died on July 4 of this year. Also that at some time, unspecified, Smitty, the guy on the right end in the picture, also died.

There were a LOT of Raiders, though, so eventually they'll have an entire cemetery just of their ex-members. I hope it takes a long time though! (My point being there were a LOT of Raiders. I wonder if it's as many as I imagine.) I wish they could've kept the lineup on this LP. They look like the actual Paul Revere & the Raiders as far as I'm concerned!

This is my only Raiders CD except for the double CD set, "Legend of Paul Revere."

"The Spirit of '67." I recommend it to everyone.