Friday, July 31, 2009

Looking For An Old Friend

I had a friend 30 years ago. She has a fairly rare name, going by the Google incidences of it.

I found one in the same town we lived in. I called and got a voice mail. The voice didn't sound like hers. So that might be a dead end. Unless it's a secretary, someone else in charge of doing the voice mails. Or maybe her voice is different. I figured I'd recognize it even after 30 years.

I'm a little nervous contacting someone like that out of the blue. But my intentions are good, to reconnect. After all, we live in a Facebook world where I'm seeing friends from 30 years ago all the time. (And their boring lives ... like mine.)

Another guy I knew years ago died, which I just heard about today. The rest of the class (a tiny minority) want to do some kind of memorial. This guy I literally haven't seen for 35 years but I do remember him even though we weren't close.