Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Walmart Greeter Hell

We had a Walmart greeter that I really liked. He was very boisterous, animated, moving toward customers as they entered or exited to wish them welcome or farewell. He was fun to watch that day we were there. But for some unknown reason he only lasted that one day, that I know of.

Now we're back to the normal ones. Some are very nice, some kind of dour. And when I come into a store, I like to be greeted as though I'm the guy's (or gal's) long lost son. Not really, but they may as well put something into it. I'm thinking people might've complained about the boisterous guy and that's why he's gone, never to be seen again.

But he meant well. And it was very refreshing to watch him that day.

So where did he go? I have a theory, that the place they stand might open up and they go down a shute, like on Austin Powers, and are either consumed by flames or go through some kind of grinding machine. Never to reappear!

I've noticed a few of the old standbys disappearing lately, not just the guy I mentioned before. The guy I saw today was as dour as a cigar store Indian. So he'll probably be safe from Walmart greeter hell.