Friday, November 13, 2009

Bette Davis Has Bette Davis Eyes

I got a VHS movie yesterday starring Bette Davis, "Jezebel," from 1938.

It looks good. It says she won an Academy Award for her memorable performance, and that it is a true classic of the cinema.

One of these days I'll get around to watching it.

I got three other VHS tapes. I was avoiding buying these because of DVDs, but since they're so cheap now, $1.00 each, it's obviously a good value and cheap entertainment. Three of the movies weren't even opened yet. Those were "Alexander the Great," starring Richard Burton; "Notorious," one of the great Hitchcock movies I've never seen, and "The Charge of the Light Brigade," starring Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland, which I've never seen either.

I've never seen any of these four movies. So I'm glad to have them.