Thursday, November 19, 2009

Getting Plenty Of Sleep

I've tilted the balance back the way it should be as to getting sleep.

For a while I was getting 6 or 6½ hours approximately and not feeling the greatest. It's generally OK if I can get a nap midday but that hasn't always been possible.

So for the last couple nights I've made it 8 to 8½ hours and that's a lot better. Of course it gives me less time to actually live, but sleeping is also sort of like living. Who knows what good dreams really do for you? I think they do me good.

I love waking up through the night, glancing at the clock, then dosing right back off. Last night I woke up at 10 something, 12 something, and one other one I'll mention in a sec, 4 something, then at 5:30 when I got up. The other one to mention was around 1:46. And it seems like I woke up twice. So maybe I saw 1:46, then fell asleep, then woke up at 1:46 again. I don't know. I might be imagining it, but I remember wondering if the clock was working right.