Thursday, November 5, 2009

That Extra Hour Of Sleep

I've been getting up faithfully at 5:30 every morning. So much so that it has become a habit.

Just then we turned the clocks back and now I'm waking up at 4:30, like the last few days in a row. A couple of days I got up, then found I was dead tired as the day wore on.

Today was the same thing. I woke up around 4:30 and thought I could get up, but it was going to be another long day, so I forced myself to fall back to sleep. And I think that extra hour, getting up at the new 5:30, was very valuable.

Last night was all run down. Taking the garbage out. Feeling like someone on the verge of falling over, etc. Naturally I got right to sleep at night.

Tonight I still have a few things to do. Then I'll go to bed. And hope I wake up at 5:30 instead of 4:30. The biggest blessing about waking up is that I'm generally successful at falling back to sleep.