Sunday, November 15, 2009

More Three Stooges In 3D

I read a paragraph in The Three Stooges Scrapbook about their two shorts in 3D, that Columbia didn't think they were that great.
But critics were less than enthusiastic about these new Stooges offerings, as was Columbia, and it abandoned the idea of producing additional 3-D shorts. [p. 83]
I must go back in time and change their minds. And if I can't succeed at that I will simply register a vain protest in the present moment. There's nothing wrong with the 3D shorts. I think it's quite cool to see the actual Three Stooges in 3D, since I never had seen them that way before. It's very cool, in my opinion, to see that extra depth, even if the Stooges were just standing around.

Now, do I think there needed to be quite as many gags of thrusting things at the audience? Like they were trying to accentuate the 3D thrills? Not really, but it's understandable, with the novelty of it. And it's not a complaint I have because even that I thought was OK.

Columbia doesn't appear to have appreciated the Three Stooges. But times have changed, all the principals are dead, and I'm willing to move on if they are!