Monday, November 9, 2009

Under The Yum Yum Tree

I'm watching an old lascivious movie, "Under The Yum Yum Tree," starring Jack Lemmon. I got a VHS of it at a thrift store a week or two ago.

It started out very cute, if somewhat (somewhat??) dated. As I progress it's still cute but Jack is being a bit over the top with poking his nose into the people's business.

There's a couple who want to live together "without sleeping together," to find out if they're compatible for marriage. Jack is the landlord of an apartment complex that typically only rents to women, because he's a lech and has a thing going with as many of them as possible.

He's surprised that this young lady has her boyfriend living with her with this arrangement. And he wants to do what he can, I guess, to get the guy out of the way.

It's like going back in a time capsule. It's so dated it's hilarious. Plus, it's kind of funny in its own way. I like seeing Paul Lynde, who was present for the first 20 minutes or so.