Saturday, February 21, 2009

Abstinence

Who would win in a fight, Bristol Palin or Derek the Abstinence Clown?

I saw part of Derek's presentation the other day. He's a very good juggler, and can even juggle machetes, if I'm remembering it right, but he wisely doesn't want to juggle them over someone's head because he might drop them. That's smart. Except I'd be smart enough not to volunteer to be the guy under the machetes! No one would make an object lesson out of me because I wouldn't be there! I'm cautious and there are things I wouldn't do.

It's an interesting subject. Bristol doesn't think it's realistic generally. And generally nature wins. But Derek thinks education makes a difference. And I guess we usually agree with that. Except education teaches us also that nature usually wins.