Monday, February 9, 2009

The Grammys

I tried to watch the Grammys last night, but the local TV station was screwed up somehow. The above picture is an actual screenshot of the broadcast. It was frozen on the screen like that for -- I don't know how long -- quite a while. You can sort of see the CBS logo down in the lower corner.

I gave up on watching it. Then when I was looking at other stations I quickly came across another CBS station that I didn't know we had. But the picture on it was all fuzzy, then distorted, then wavy -- in short it sucked. At times it was OK and I could see what was going on clearly, including Paul McCartney sitting there. I saw Carrie Underwood singing but during her performance the reception (on cable TV) was poor. The reception during Coldplay was not too bad, especially during the piano song.

Anyway, after a while, even though I really wanted to watch it -- I just couldn't anymore. I flipped over to the original channel and the picture had changed from the above, to another still shot, also broken up, so that was it.

Folks I wanted to see included MIA and Paul McCartney's performances. But, alas, it wasn't to be. I figure they're online somewhere. But I didn't have time today to look around.