Thursday, February 26, 2009

American Idol - Round 2

The only performers I really liked last night were Allison Iraheta and Adam Lambert.

In general, the others went from completely sucks to tolerable. A lot of completely forgettable ones. I certainly wouldn't waste 99 cents downloading their songs at this point.

It was weird. I was very tired last night and could barely sit there; I wanted to get to bed. And Allison was sitting there with Ryan Seacrest, doing a terrible interview. I felt like I was in a haze where everything was lasting twice as long, or maybe that was just my impression. I was saying I don't like her at all. Blah. Then she started singing -- "Alone" by Heart -- and was the best female vocalist, in my opinion, by far. I was a big fan after her performance.

Then we had all the others. The big guy. What is he, a welder or something? He was on there, talking about how he wanted to provide for his family. I'm tired, remember, and I'm going, "Ahh! Who cares! We all want to provide for our family. That doesn't mean we have to go on American Idol!" I am sick of any hint of hard luck or having to provide for my family or fulfilling one last dream, all that crap. But still I didn't want him to do bad, and I guess he didn't do terrible. What'd he sing? Something I can't remember. He got criticism from all the judges, then he started to sweat bad. He was mad. You could tell.

Some of the others I didn't especially remember seeing before. One thing I don't really like is all the judge carping over their song choice. Just judge their singing, in my opinion. They give them a list of songs to choose from. That said, Kai -- a very primitive looking guy -- comes out singing some old Motown thing, "What Becomes of the Broken Hearted" and I was thinking that's not healthy. A guy like that needs to come out with something quirkier.

The tattoo girl had the current song "Girl, Put Your Records On." It seemed like what it is, very loose fitting. It's OK but I wasn't excited.

At the end of the whole thing was my favorite of the guys, Adam Lambert doing "Satisfaction." I love the looks of this guy. He's cool looking, and he's a guy who knows he's cool looking. We were looking at him thinking he looks a lot like Elvis in the face. It'd be interesting to Photoshop Elvis' hair on Adam's picture. Just to see.

He did a wild version of "Satisfaction," hitting some hot stuff that was insanely nice. I knew he was my favorite from then on.