Friday, September 25, 2009

The Beginning of Illness

I saw someone on Twitter say she hates the "beginning of illness" feeling, like if you wake up from a nap and you're sweating through your clothes.

I know how that goes, even though I don't get sick very often. Somehow, I don't know how, I just rise above it. But that doesn't mean that any second now I couldn't come crashing down. It definitely has happened in the past ... as is true for almost everyone.

There's some sickness in my family now. She has a bacteria problem in the lungs and needs to take an antibiotic, I think it's called, Z-Pack. I used that once with bronchitis. This can be deadly stuff and I hope I don't catch it.

Last night I caught myself making a clicking noise in my throat, which is usually the sign that something incipient is about to blossom. But I quit doing it, forgot about it, and woke up in the morning feeling fine. Just so I wake up tomorrow feeling fine. That'll be good too.

I don't suppose positive thinking has anything to do with it really. But I something think if you think you're not going to get it, you won't. Sometimes works!