Thursday, September 24, 2009

Too Many Christmas Decorations

We have a lot of Christmas decorations. There's someone in the house (not me) who likes to accumulate Christmas decorations.

And it's about that time of the year. I guess thrift stores probably get Christmas stuff all year long, but then squirrel it away in totes, boxes, or cupboards through the year. Then around September 15, into October, they put it out. You suddenly see it.

The next thing, it's at my house. Skinny Santas, fat Santas, Santas with beards so big they've barely got a face, reindeer wall hangings, tinsel, and everything else that goes with the season.

I imagine sometimes how it might be, you know, if I were left with all this stuff, like by inheritance. And what I might do with it to get rid of it. Since it doesn't do quite as much for me personally. If I showed up at the thrift store, would they chase me out? "We don't want a whole truckload of that stuff! Bring it back, a little at a time. Wait till September!"