Monday, September 21, 2009

Mayberry 101

I got a cool book at a thrift store today, which sometimes is a rare occasion but it's nice when it happens. "Mayberry 101," about the Andy Griffith Show, by Neal Brower. It says it's Vol. 1.

Just looking around, I see this book doesn't cost very much new, like in the $12 range. But 50 cents is also pretty good price. And this copy's barely been touched.

I'm sure I'll enjoy myself leafing through it. Maybe I'll read one a day.

It's not a rundown of every episode, but focuses on 79 episodes written by particular writers. It says it's a "projected three-volume series," and since the date of publication was 1998, probably the other two volumes are already written. Just guessing.

1998. And now it's 2009. And this book is new to me. What else am I missing?

UPDATE: I checked Amazon and I don't see any sign of two other volumes.