Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Anxiety Could Kill You

I am not getting entirely better, with all the recent anxiety I've been feeling. Things are pretty much up in the air for me in various ways. So it makes me anxious, very nervous.

For a while, like a week ago, I had a terrible feeling in my stomach. But I've gotten over most of that. Now I've got something, not quite a headache, but a slight head fog feeling. Like I'm not thinking completely clearly, although for the most part I'm the same as always.

I keep telling myself it's crazy and that I ought to just roll with the flow -- security should not be my number one concern every waking moment. But there's an underlying thing in myself that goes its own direction, regardless of what the rest of me is saying.

I take an hour in the morning for spiritual disciplines and that helps. I could be doing that right now, I'm sure it would be good. Or I could be reading poetry or something mind stimulating. But my thoughts keep drifting to the situation as it exists, with numerous questions about what is to come, and numerous hurdles that I'm going to eventually have to face to resolve everything. This is a several months' project.

It's really tough not to keep going over it. But I know it's not good for me. What else can I do?