Monday, February 8, 2010

Speedway

My next Elvis Presley movie to watch is "Speedway." I started it this morning or maybe last night. I watch movies like this while exercising, so it takes me a few days to get through a whole one.

So if I see 10 or 20 minutes of it a day, that gives me plenty to think of the rest of the day. I spend my days mulling over the many interesting facets of these films.

The big thing I can say about "Speedway" is that it has some extremely boring parts, wherever they're racing their cars. Oh my heavens, toward the beginning they have a race sequence that goes on virtually forever. It goes on so long it's painful. And it's so obviously pieced together with so much studio work, with someone rocking a car back and forth, etc., it's tediousness knows no bounds.

But after that, we get us some Nancy Sinatra ... then "Let Yourself Go," so that's a definite high point.