Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Dreaded Key Throwing Scene

Like I said yesterday, I'm watching the Elvis Presley movie "Paradise, Hawaiian Style."

And I said how much I hated a particular scene, in which a girl (Lani) takes the keys out of Rick's (Elvis') helicopter and throws them somewhere. We the audience never see where she throws them. So we're completely in the dark too.

Elvis comes over and immediately discerns that Lani had something to do with it. After a little finagling she says she threw them "over there," pointing to a particular place. Then she's helping DIG for them with Elvis and Jan. Notice I said "dig." Because why would keys that you threw "over there" be buried to the point that you have to be sifting sand.

Instead of digging, I would impress upon Lani the need we have to find the keys and get out of there. I'd be asking her for sincere and good information about which way she threw them. How hard she threw them, etc.

What a twerp she was!