Friday, February 5, 2010

Drums Of The Islands

The Elvis Presley movie I'm watching presently is "Paradise, Hawaiian Style." There are things about this movie that I really like. There's a few things I don't like.

First, what I don't like. I don't like the whole section where the girl throws the helicopter keys in the sand and it becomes a disaster. I don't like all the friction that develops between Danny and Rick (Elvis). That all sucks big time.

But there are plenty of things to like. Like the "Scratch My Back" song and musical production. That's nice. The part with the dogs in the helicopter. I think I like that. I'm not up to it yet. The "Queenie Wahini" number is cute, with Donna Butterworth. I looked her up on the internet once and I know she's still out there doing some things because of her connection to Elvis. Good for her! I would be too if I'd been so lucky.

Elvis looks great in the movie too. The travels down the stream in the "Drums of the Islands" number is really good.

I'm just not looking forward to those parts of the movie that I don't like.

P.S. By the way, Elvis' interviewing style for a secretary, with the suggestive remarks to the curvaceous applicants, would surely be a terrible no-no these days. Almost as bad as his kissing underage Annette Day in "Double Trouble." He'd be in some serious "Double Trouble," I believe. I'm not a lawyer though.