Wednesday, January 28, 2009

American Idol

I didn't see it last night but we recorded it in case I ever want to.

I saw it tonight. I'm really tiring of the audition routine. It is getting a mind numbing sameness to it that is nearly putting me to sleep. But actually I'm a little tired anyway, since I only got seven hours sleep last night.

There was the usual array, the really nasty singers. The few who are pretty good. The cute, the quirky, the bizarre, like the guy sticking his tongue out and looking ... I hate to say because it's mean.

It's hard even to get up the energy to describe it. But thankfully they're going to get to Hollywood week next week. Hoping for some good drama, devastation, really. I have a real fondness for people's dreams being crushed and devastation. That's only half true, kind of jesting. But definitely drama is better than people cruising happily through. Look, only one actually wins, so that means a lot of people have to lose. (You can come in in the top eight or nine and still get a contract though.)