Monday, January 26, 2009

Sweet Transvestite

I was looking at some of the Rocky Horror Picture Show videos at You Tube last night. I think some of the ones that are posted, actual clips from the movie, come and go, probably being removed periodically because of obvious copyright issues.

I don't really need to see the clips at You Tube, but maybe I just want to hear a song. I already have the film on DVD and on VHS, so it's right there if I want. Just lazy or not in the mood to haul it out and mess with the DVD. (One thing I hate about DVDs, all the garbage the film companies load them up with, including menus that take a while to get to, and how they freeze you out from advancing to the menu. I don't know that the RHPS DVD does this, it's just a general gripe.)

Well, there are plenty of videos on the subject at You Tube, including some that I discovered that are just people lip syncing to the songs, or dancing to the songs, or acting them out in some way. There was one of a guy at a function -- that's what I seem to recall -- doing "Sweet Transvestite," and you can hear all kinds of children laughing. Seriously, unless I'm seriously off. ... Yeah, here it is. His blurb says, "I performed this in front of like 200 kids, ranging in age from 10-21."

Then one of them was this kid, kind of cute and sullen looking, says he's bored, lip syncing to the song in a very lazy way. It could've been more interesting, but it was interesting. I watched the whole thing. Which leads me to think, how could you, the home producer, do that with your one camera and limited resources? You could surely do some fun things with little tiny props on the table.