Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bluebird

Today an old song came to my mind, snippets of it, then a little bit more, and I couldn't think of who did it. "Bluebird, bluebird, bluebird!" But that's all I could remember.

So I asked someone else and she didn't know, didn't seem to remember any such song. We were on our way home so I knew I could look it up on "The Google," with 'Bluebird, song.' But then one of those nick-of-time memory miracles happened and I remembered, Paul McCartney.

I was actually thinking Beatles, but "Blackbird" was all I could remember from them. I know all the various Beatles' songs and knew there wasn't a "Bluebird" in the bunch. But when my memory miracle happened, I knew it was Paul and the "Band on the Run" album, which turned out to be exactly so.

I haven't gotten it out to listen to it, but heard the 30 second sample of it at Amazon and that's good enough so far.