Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kibbles and Bits

I decided to switch my dog's food last night. She's been having trouble with the other, which I think is called Purina Seniors 7. The trouble isn't trouble with the dog food exactly, just that she doesn't like it. She likes to pick through it and take out certain pieces and leave the majority of it in the dish.

I was just letting her keep it in her bowl till she got hungry enough to eat it. But I felt bad about that, because I'd like to see her consuming something other than the bag of Pedigree wet food everyday at 5:00 p.m.

So I was checking out the other brands of dog food last night, and it's hard to judge since I'm not eating any of it myself. But I decided to go with a bag of Kibbles and Bits, which I'm sure I've never bought before. Pouring it out it sure looked good and she went wild eating it, seeming to love it.

But maybe too much, since she woke up with a bowel condition, going to the bathroom on the floor a bit much. Then I took her out and nothing. But then, within an hour, again, all over the floor. It reminded me of the children's book, "Everyone Poops." Only I might write a sequel, "But This Much?!"

Her dry bowl is about empty now. It's almost time for the wet. And I think I will only fill the dry bowl halfway and try to ease her into the switch. On the other hand, maybe she's sick from some other reason unrelated to dog food. Maybe it's just a coincidence and nothing to do with the Kibbles.