Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Adam's Song - "Ring Of Fire"

I had to miss much of American Idol last night. I came in just as they were giving the judges' feedback for Scott McIntyre. So I saw live everything that followed that.

That meant that I missed my favorite, Adam Lambert. But I backed up the recording later and watched his section. It was "Ring of Fire," since it was country week. This is a song that we all know as done by Johnny Cash. I would've preferred he had hewed a little closer to the line on this one, but he jazzed it up with some Middle Eastern flare. I thought it was nice but it didn't blow me away.

I was daydreaming about how he could have done it. Like with an actual ring of fire around him, diving through a ring of fire, something like that. Or wearing big wide cowboy chaps and holding a lasso. Almost looking like a plastic man doing two or three alternating poses, kind of like a flashing neon light. That'd look cool. But maybe that's a little wild for live TV.

I figure he'll make it through tonight and be back on top of the world next week. (I don't think he did bad, mind you).