Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Do More During The Commercials

I can do more during the commercials than some people do all day. I've noticed this. The commercial breaks during American Idol are long enough to get all kinds of things done. If I knew how to sew, I could be hemming dresses and altering suits and make quite a bit of money.

As it is, I'm able to run to the computer, look up a few websites, read the headlines, post in a blog. Or if there's big time chores to be done, I can do them. I can do the dishes, get quite a few done during a commercial break. Then leave them heaped up in the sink, then during the next commercial go running in and rinse them and actually get them all done. Of course if there's a couple skillets, that might need to soak during a song, then scrub it during the next break.

Tonight I jumped up, ran in, cleaned out the cat box, got outside, brought out a few bags of cat droppings, and a couple or three bags of actual garbage, got them in my big garbage can, got it dragged to the street, and got back in and they still weren't back to the show. So I went and washed my hands and took my medicine and made it back just in time.

The show's off now so I can slow down the pace. Except I want to get to bed within 20-25 minutes and there's still just a few things to do! Off!