Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Saw The Future Walk By Today

The future walked by today in this sense: I saw a young man and a young woman walking by. Both maybe 17-19, looking healthy. She caught my eye, definitely, with very blond hair. He was a nice looking guy. I noticed them when I saw her go up in the air, which happened because he was helping her get over a wet/muddy spot on the sidewalk. He picked her up a little bit and helped her across, then set her down. They both sidestepped another wet/muddy spot and went on their way, with my view blocked in seconds by a building.

I definitely thought there goes the future. Let's say they settle down together, have children, grandchildren, the whole thing. All those kids are still in their loins -- I love that expression (it's biblical) -- and don't know what they're in for. Dad's picking up Mom. They're young enough at this point to frolic right through the mud spots but Dad was chivalrous in those days. Very fresh. Maybe he was really glad for the mud spots. Anything to get his hands on Mom.

The kids I saw -- again, in their loins -- would love to come back to this moment and see what I saw. They were so young, so cute. It'd be a great picture for their family album. A beautiful day back in 2009 and Mom looked great!

Of course maybe it'll never happen, at least with those particular loins together. Maybe they're not that serious, maybe they'll split up, maybe no kids.

But I think it'll happen. I'm calling it a done deal. All those generations are coming.