Friday, March 6, 2009

My Nose Sniffing Things

I saw an article today -- it was from Turkey -- about bacteria and infections from cellphones in hospitals. Some of them even carry the MRSA superbug, for which there is no known counterforce that can kill it, neutralize it, or persuade it to leave.

My cellphone is in my pocket at this very second, not just zapping my heart and brain by the rays it's getting from the tower, but possibly spreading germs from there up to my nose. I still feel healthy, but it's something to think about.

My nose might be going through some things. I seem to be going through these periods of smelling things in a more pronounced way than usual. It's like a super sense, except I don't know if everything around me is smelling more or it's just a malfunctioning nose or brain.

Right now is one of those times. There are foul smells everywhere. The last major incidence of this was last September, and it finally had me spraying Oust, wiping things off with hydrogen peroxide, and every kind of disinfectant we happened to have. Then everything went away. But now I'm starting to notice things again. If spring would get here I could open the windows. Till then, I'm staying on guard.