Thursday, March 19, 2009

Soup Bloat

I've recently heard of something new, people going to the hospital just for the food. That is, they have a cafeteria there and people go across town to eat there ... on purpose. Everything I've ever heard before of hospital food was how bad it was. But now, somehow, it became good.

When my dad was in the hospital we ate at the cafeteria a lot, in a different town, and the food there was tolerable. They had things that weren't bad. There was sandwiches if you wanted that. And chicken, etc. But I wouldn't drive across town and go there by choice.

Now, though, it's good, or at least that's what they say. So how would you get there faster? The hospital might advertise how food their food is, and say, "People are calling an ambulance just to get here quicker ... it's that good!" But an ambulance is an expensive thing, although it's definitely a sweet ride if you can lay down the whole way.

As for me, I had a big bowl of some kind of soup. Progresso, I would guess, which humongous noodles and big chunks of chicken. I had the Papa Bear bowl, so that was a lot of soup. I didn't think I'd be able to finish it, because I had more of a Baby Bear appetite. But I worked at it and kept working at it. Now I have soup bloat, being on top of the pot of coffee I drank in the last couple hours.

Not a good feeling. Maybe I should go to the hospital.