Tuesday, March 3, 2009

American Idol

It's not real entertaining tonight for some reason. No one's blown me away, that's for sure. A lot of dreary, paint-by-numbers stuff so far.

The blonde girl, Kristen, was the best so far. And that's not saying much. Nathaniel, the drama queen guy, did a Meatloaf song. Not splendid, but he has enough self confidence to go out there and do it well, which I liked. There's no one I would vote for yet.

There's one kid who did some growling thing. He was terrible. I'm planning on looking it up on video somewhere because I was talking during it. But he was doing some interesting things -- it sounded like, but quite unnecessary and unappreciated by the judges.

Last week we had Allison and Adam. They were great. No one's measuring up so far.

UPDATE - Lil Rounds was definitely the best. So she'll make it. I would guess Jorge will make it, since he'll probably get every Spanish vote in the country. He's a charming guy and put a lot into it. I agree with Simon. It's stupid to give him dialect lessons trying to make him sound like everyone else. It seems like the point of going to Puerto Rico for auditions would be to find someone who sounds like people from there. There's a rich market for that and let the guy sing the way he sings. He was good. So Lil, Jorge, and, yikes, I don't know who else, maybe Felicia. She was back for a second whack at this. She looked great, sounded good over our TV, and did a good post performance interview bit. Sounded and looked great. (Oh, I forgot about Scott McIntyre. The judges raved over him, so he'll probably beat out Felicia.)