Sunday, December 13, 2009

I Cleaned Up A Room

Woo hoo, I just cleaned up a room. A reading room type of place that became a place of the worst clutter and squalor.

I've been sitting in the midst of that filth, stacked up stuff, stuff tipped over and sliding all over the floor, bemoaning it.

This morning I was sitting there and had to abandon it all, it was so depressing. Then I returned and sat there, stewing in the misery.

I mean it was bad.

But now, I've got it all straightened out, shelves dusted. Everything's pretty much in order. The only disaster now is inside the closet.

I came across some notes that one of my Grandmas sent me in the '60s, so that was nice to sit and read. I read one and half. Slowly, sentimentally.

It's easier to do things slower and with more meaning in a clean room.

It's nice to be able to go in that room now and not feel automatically 10 times worse.