Monday, December 14, 2009

Norton Goes Frantic On Cue

When I first got this computer a couple weeks ago, it had a very temporary Norton subscription, that would expire in a month or so. It came with a 15 month subscription but I still had to type that in and hadn't done so yet.

In that time, Norton was going crazy, popping up several times an hour with one notification or another. It was going so crazy I had to turn it off for a while just to get things done.

Then I typed in the 15 month subscription number and I've barely heard from them since.

Leading me to believe they have it set to go frantic when your subscription is about to expire, so you'll be sure to know you definitely need it. I want it, don't get me wrong. But I want it to do its job in the background and not keep me updated with its every move.

Like it's doing now, now that I have a 15 month subscription ahead of me.