Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Won't Be Sneaking In

The couple who sneaked into the White House dinner and got away with it probably wishes they hadn't. Their lives have been turned upside down. On the other hand, I've read enough articles that suggest if there's a buck to be made off it, they'll make it.

I'd hate to be famous. That's true. But I'd hate to be infamous even more. And this is what they're known for now -- for now and all eternity. When they die, that's the first thing that will be mentioned about them. The picture of the woman in her red dress. Yuck. I'd rather be unknown for nothing and just die.

I've always thought I'd have a good knack for sneaking in places. But it's hard. Because they have state of the art (and good state of the art) surveillance equipment these days. Everything you do is on tape or digitally recorded. Even the Mission Impossible guys would have a tough time with things these days.

But believe me, when it comes to any kind of presidential function, I won't be sneaking in. Not after what these idiotic people are getting thrown at them. Plus, you'd have to think it'd be bad. It's not like sneaking into the state fair, which is probably also bad if you get caught. This is something very very major.