Saturday, December 5, 2009

Rearranging My Room

Since I got a new computer a couple days ago, that meant everything had to shift. In the room.

My old computer, I'm still going to need for various things. But it needed to go somewhere besides on this one desk, because this particular desk is more the right height for the new computer. Since it's a laptop, the keyboard is clear up here somewhere, with this big section at the bottom. To type on it with any quickness I need to hit it at a particular angle, and even then it's kind of annoying.

But already I've doubled my typing speed just by changing the height of the keyboard.

To get to this position means shifting, as I said. But shifting of computers that have been in place for years is not an easy task. Plus there was lots of other junk stacked up all over the desk, including old candy papers, and even some candy! There was one piece of melted candy stuck to my desk, and about an inch of dust all over everything. What a mess. Lots of scraps of paper, crap from ages ago.

Then there's the whole matter of cords, tangled up, hooked up around other things, like spaghetti. To do this is an enormous commitment. But it won't do it by itself. So I got it going, scooping off everything into a big basket. I found a couple CDs I hadn't seen for a couple years. I wondered where they went!

The very last thing, the desk is a little uneven, apparently, because I had to put a quarter under one corner of the computer to keep it stable. I'll have to come up with a more permanent thing there. A piece of cardboard taped down probably. Or part of a CD case. I don't know.