Thursday, December 17, 2009

I Haven't Been Reading Like I Should

There for a while I was a voracious reader. I read a few books in my spare time, marching right along.

The big problem -- if that's what I want to call it -- is that I got a new computer. And the novelty hasn't worn off yet. So I'm spending lots of time on it, more time than I should.

I started a book a few weeks ago, and I got pretty far in it, but since I got the new computer, I've just been letting the book go. But one of these days, maybe very soon, I'll get back to it.

It's funny how something can sideline me. I'm so gung ho to do something, like reading, as I was there for a while. But then a new toy comes into my life, I'm suddenly gung ho for it. Still, I want to finish that book. There's virtue in getting something done that you started.