Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Red Book Came

I ordered C.G. Jung's "The Red Book" from Amazon maybe a month ago. I don't know if it was that long.

For some reason it's one where there's a delay in sending it out. At first they thought it'd be January, then mid December, then January again. Then I suddenly got an email saying it was shipped and would be here, estimated date Dec. 29.

I was thinking, Oh no, because I plan on being out of town on the 29th. Don't tell anyone.

Then I was walking by the hallway and there was a big box setting there today. I thought What is this? when it suddenly occurred to me: It already came! So it won't be setting in the snow on the 29th. That's a relief.

I opened it and it's huge, gigantic. I'm going to have a hard time reading a book that's so huge. But I looked at the first page of C.G.'s quotations from Bible verses, a nice page, in Latin. Then I turned back and read through the translation of that page in English. It pertains to the coming of the Savior. Very deep stuff.

I'm going to enjoy looking through this book, and maybe studying it closely. I hope so. It's a great looking book!