Monday, May 18, 2009

Big Workout Tonight

I've been putting off and missing my evening workouts at the fitness club lately.

But tonight I decided to get out there. It might help that I had a very busy day. I had a list of tasks that had to be accomplished and I checked right through them with blazing efficiency. And that even included a few detours I hadn't expected. It took overtime but I got everything checked off.

When I brought home that record of achievement it seemed stupid to just sit down and make excuses about being "too tired" or whatever to avoid going to workout. It really helped in fact to think this would be just one more thing for me to do today, like I was Superman.

So I stormed out there, got on the treadmill, cranked up the music, and walked with rare determination. Then to the weight thing, then to the ab crunch thing. Bang, bang, bang.

A few more things to do tonight -- such as take the dog to the park, do the dishes, clean the catbox, etc. -- and I'll be ready for bed.