Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Time For Bed

I was up and busy all day. I got up, like always, at 5:30 a.m. And it's been pretty much non-stop. One thing after another.

And I'm tired ... and cranky ... after American Idol. I think it's very likely, though, that one good side effect of this is to save me plenty of time next season. I'm not one to make a lot of "idol" threats -- but even when I'm enjoying it I'm still thinking, I could be reading or something.

I've had the ones I liked lose before. But they weren't as brilliant as Adam Lambert. Nobody is. The guy is definitely one of a kind. And what do we get, the kind of guy who's a dime a dozen. Indistinguishable from millions. This is one we don't forget.

I missed the first few seasons of American Idol and didn't feel like I really missed anything. So all I might be doing is reverting to my original intent, that I have plenty of other things to keep me occupied. We'll see what January brings.