Sunday, May 24, 2009

Crazy Guy Alert

I like to document all those times in my life when I'm suddenly glommed on to by a crazy guy. It happened again today.

I was minding my business, taking the dog down by the lake. I'd just gotten out of the car, headed for a bench, and I didn't make it, before a guy on a bike pulled up and started talking to me. At first it was OK, then I realized it was a crazy guy who wasn't going to leave. This became even more obvious after he'd been there 10 minutes, going from one subject to another.

The dog took a poop and he was calling it a landmine that he wouldn't want to step on. But it wasn't there long, a few seconds, before I cleaned it up. The dog did the scratching of the grass, like wiping her paws, and the guy thought she was trying to bury it. He told a few dog stories of his own, including one about a dog that had been neutered and probably wondered what happened to his missing parts. Then blah blah blah...proving to be endless.

We expressed the desire to take a walk and that's the only thing that dislodged him from our presence.