Tuesday, May 5, 2009

John Edwards' Two Americas

I can't believe the train wreck that is (or was) John Edwards. Wow, talk about throwing everything down a rat hole for your libido.

He was big on the "Two Americas" theme. It turns out we were all living in normal America and he was in nightmare America. Knowing he had a scandal hanging about an inch from his head but foolishly plowing right ahead for the Democratic nomination. Wouldn't that have been fun? To have Edwards get the nomination and then for his affair and child, etc., to come out?

It's all in the news again because Elizabeth -- who was 100% complicit in this disastrous presidential run and should not be cut any slack whatsoever -- has written a book and gone on Oprah. She seems to allow that the child could be his, but says she doesn't know.

I was never a big Edwards fan. I went to see him at a couple of campaign events, but both were in 2004. By the time '08 rolled around I was thinking he was just a has been, and why should I go see him? His running was nothing but ego and I thought that much at least was obvious on the surface. But who knew his ego was so huge that he was willing to risk the party's complete success for the presidency to stroke it? What a moron.

The guy is a disgrace. And I'm not crazy about his wife either.