Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Defragging My Computer

I have two computers that I use. And both of them are slow as molasses.

They're old and don't have enough memory, etc., but at times they've worked along fairly well. Nothing like what I've seen lately in decreased performance. Like sludge.

One of them says it doesn't need to be defragged but the other did. So I'm letting it go doing that now. It's taking forever, and the hard drive is a really small one.

I also deleted all the TEMP files, which was a challenge in and of itself, since the disk cleanup function didn't work properly till I looked it up and made a registry change. Crazy crap.

The other computer -- which is very sluggish -- I ran a spyware thing. It came up with 48 minor, really nothing sorts of things. I don't know if any were serious, but I haven't seen anything especially wrong on that front.

Tomorrow I'll see if it's any faster.

I seriously need two brand new computers. The time is practically here, now with the new Windows 7 being released.