Sunday, October 11, 2009

I'm Your New Commander, You Now Are My Prisoner

The other day I got the soundtrack of "Rocky Horror" from the Roxy Theater. 1974, I believe.

I like hearing it. Since I've heard the movie soundtrack so many times that there's nothing left to hear (and I still love it.)

The Roxy one is of course different. And I haven't heard it enough to know all the differences. It's all nice as far as I'm concerned. I don't care for the Brad song in the middle, which I don't even remember the title to, the one that didn't make the movie. So I keep skipping it -- whether it's the movie soundtrack album or this one.

An interesting snippet I heard tonight while at the exercise place -- well, I heard the whole "Rose Tints My World" song. The interesting snippet of this is where Riff Raff says, "Frank N. Furter, it's all over, your mission is a failure," etc. He almost sounds like Little Richard on one part. It's very boisterous and soulful, as compared to the movie's more metallic, driving version.