Monday, January 4, 2010

Computer Woes

Oh, I'm really playing hell with my computer.

I thought these things were supposed to be semi-coordinated and able to fend for themselves.

When you get program conflicts with Windows, and it says it's checking for a solution, then it never actually does, that's aggravating. Give me at least a clue!

I tried to "system restore" the thing twice. Neither time worked. The first time it came back and said to turn off your virus scanner, which I did, then tried it again and got the same result.

I think I finally figured it out, after uninstalling the program in question and reinstalling it, with an enormous database to restore. It seems to have had something to do with Microsoft NET framework 3.5 being turned off, which happened the other day (I guess) when there were other problems.

Anyway, at this moment most things seem to be working.

I got cheated today out of quiet time, trying to get this blasted computer to work. Ridiculous.